Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

4 Types of Employees

The knowledge I have gained from this course has caused me to think outside the box when it comes to hiring and managing employees. Instead of hiring just employees that qualify, I now understand to hire those who would work excellent together as a team instead of individually, unless the job requires them to do so. The problem is that some people don't really know what type they are because a lot of people are pieces of each. Some can possibly be a piece or whole of all 4 types. As a boss hiring an employee, do I know which type I am? Do you know what type you are? I think we should analyze ourselves before continuing to figure out other around us.

Very good advise will put to use here at cambridge College

A agree with your point!!!!

Knowing what type of person you are and the types of the other people you already supervise is important especially if you need to introduce more personel into the mix. By hiring just one incompatible person you could cause the hole ship to sink.

I feel that at times we all have some characteristics of each type. I think that we all tend to exhibit our most dominate type when we are under stress. Here @ UTI use the Lominger Architect Model for our new hire interview process. We ask many difficult questions which can become very stressful to a potential employee. This helps us to more accurately identify their personality types, before we hire them.

True, we need to figure our type out before trying to figure our employee!!

This is so true. Figuring out what majority type we are is crucial before we analyze others and add other team members. This was great info.

I agree completely. As I was reading through these I immediately knew the type I was. Like you said, we could have all types in us, but mine was pretty heavy in one category. It's extremely helpful for me knowing how I am, so I can manage my employees better from that stand point. I am going to plan to do a personality test in our next meeting so everyone knows how to deal with all types of personalities. I find this beneficial for us all

Sign In to comment