Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Using the Forum

This forum is not facilitated by a faculty member. The intention of the forum is to allow you to interact with other course participants - career school professionals who have the same interests as you. You can start a new discussion thread on any topic related to this course or participate in any ongoing discussions. Go ahead, post a question and/or share your knowledge and experiences with your peers. Let us create an active learning community where we can all learn from each other.

Note that the discussions in this forum occur in an asynchronous fashion. So please don't expect a reply right away. The best way to track the discussions is to add them to "My Threads". This option is available for each discussion thread. When you add a thread to "My Threads", you will receive an email copy of each posted message that is related to that thread. If you make a post, that thread is automatically added to "My Threads". You can manage your discussion thread subscriptions via a link that appears on the homepage of each forum.

These employee classifications assist managers in molding employees to become indispensable for our company. If we know how to treat and assist each employee based on their similarities, we can utilize them in key areas of our school functions.

Hi!
I Agree. I think we need to learn how to work with and get the best out of the employees we have by understanding them better. We also should make available resources, such as this course, to help them to interact and work with each other better.

It's hard to find good reliable people in our sector these days.

I feel that this course was helpful. I now know the different catagories that my students fit into and this will help me as I interact with them.

I feel this course was helpful as well. It is especially beneficial to understand how different behavioral types react to stress. I also found the managing tips for each type informative.

These categories are very similar to another behavior assessment I have taken, the DISC assessment.

Knowing the type of employee is great, however a good manager regardless of the personality type his employees are uses well established policies and procedures. Theses guidelines establish a base line for everyone to follow. A good manager recognizes the strength and weakness of his or her employees and uses them as an advantage.

yes steph i agree with you

I agree with you completely.It is sometimes difficult for employees to see how they are reacting to a situation.Even though I really knew my style, this course was really an eye opener for me.The knowledge is basic, which is something we often overlook.I think I am better prepared to assess the styles of not only employees, but most definitely managers.

I agree with you. if we closely work with our employess and identifying there needs, based on their similarties we can function better as a school, and understand there needs.

I found this course very educational and definitely an eye opener concerning my own type. I learned how to deal with my amiable students better from taking this course. I realized that I am a combination type of expressive and driver and I now know how to deal with my students and staff better by taking a look at how I can deal with my self better in stressful situations.

The better we recognize and understand people's differences the better we can motivate and manage them at work.

I found this forum very helpful. It helped me to identify the types of individuals that I am coaching as well as my own type(driver). It put their "reactions" into perspective. I think it makes me a more understanding faculty coach.

Sign In to comment