Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Like any initiative we are trying to make a lasting connection with the school, students and community. Creating an identity will help raise the visibility and provide consistency to the program.

I agree, making it easier to remember the program by having an identity and referencing back.

Good point Wendy. Identity helps with referencing and will help people recall the program better.

Creating an identity for your service learning program is important if you wants students to be involved. If the program has an idenity, and a mission it can clearly give students an idea of what they are a part of.

Getting envoled in the community as a student gives the student and good oppounity to get a better undersatnd of how the help and serve the public. The community will allow the college and university to help their clients in order to see if the students are valuble enought to hire.

Creating an identity gives students a feeling of being apart of something rather than this random thing they have to attend. When an identity is created, the opportunity for t-shirts or group photos becomes an idea, and encourages a larger attendance.

The more employers or organization that are willing to work with your institution the better your student opportunities community cohesiveness and involvement is critical to the success of your institution.

One of our criminal justice and human services assistant clubs' missions is to provide service learning opportunities for students and community-based agencies. The club affiliation provides a natural identity for service learning. Accordingly, many students join our clubs with the intent of participating in service learning. As I complete this module, I regret not keeping a log of services and hours completed by our students and faculty. Needless to say, this will now become an institutionalized practice.

Sign In to comment