Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stored information

With only 5 hrs a week in classroom it is important to use pictures and letters even phrases to help the storage of important content

James,
Yes it is because you need to do something to get and hold their attention as well as focus on the critical concepts they need to get each time the class meets. This is why things like guided notes help them to see what the needed retention points are for that day.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

i agree it is very important in a 5 hour class to use pictures and charts in your class to help the storage and the importants of the contents.

I always utilize such resources as You Tube. Works great, endless topics and students love it.

agree...plus students retain information differently and remember things with association. Some student are very visual...

Pictures, charts, trade magazines,videos from the industry all help students with retention of learned material.

Paul,
All good ways to expand the exposure of students to the content being studied and the knowledge they need to acquire.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

We now have 10 hours a week in the classroom, even with the increase in hours per week, now the information comes a lot quicker and using pictures and graphics to increase storage of important content has been a great help.

With only 5 hours many venues of exposure need to be used. visual, written, self recorded by the student. Even hands on to help understand the subject matter. With time at a premium these must be delivered in such a manner as to have all components of the learning experience conclude one at a time with in the times frame and the end result being the total information package understood.

the use of pictures to relate to the students makes it a little easier for them to understand more of what we are explaining

I agree with utilizing different avenues to help the student retain and understand learning material. I beleive that every classroom should have powerpoint and computers to have data and new learning material immediatly on hand to convey to the students so we can have a more productive classroom session.

i completely agree james...you are always so on the money!..it is also important to reiterate information in the lab as well

In 5hrs a week it is critical the student be in class to learn the information that there using in the lab where we teach. So yes we come up with creative ways of doing so.

I like to compare student retention to a quarterback learning to read a defense. It takes repetition to be able to quickly read and react to the many variables they face.

Sign In to comment