Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Graphic Organizers

I use these in my anatomy class to show how each component of the body builds it in the whole body. I then use this same approach to show how they will use the things they are learning in their daily careers.

Yes, I find graghic organizers to be very useful in several of my business courses as well.

Joseph,
They are a great resource because there are so many applications that can be made in the different course areas.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I find giving students choices of graphic organizers helps them as learners, especially when it becomes an automatic part of their learning process.

Panagiotis,
Thank you for sharing this success strategy with us. I have found this to be true with my students as well. Graphic organizers really help them to key in on the concepts they need to learn.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Creating your own graphic organizers will allow you to break out what you deem most relevant to your field according to your professional experience. Explaining this to the students will give them more trust in your teaching.

Justin,
Good way to help students to get a hold and retain course content. Graphic organizers enhance the content retention of students so they will be able to recall such content when needed to solve a problem or reach a solution.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

This works well with a class that I teach on Therapeutic Modalities when they must learn and recall contraindications, indications, and precautions for each modality.

Sign In to comment