Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree...repetition throughout the program is key.

Hands on goes well with practical viewing and demonstration.

Hi Peter,
Yes it does. I feel like this seals the deal in terms of application and relevancy for students.
Gary

I agree as well. I teach a dental radiology course. When the students are learning I will lecture/ outline the activities of that lab for the day,go over the material/tools needed for the hands on portion, demonstrate on the DXTR (training mannequin) and then have them practice it by temselves. Each day the lab will build on the previous lab (like connecting the dots to get the big picture). By the end of the course the students are competent and can take that skill with them and use it for the rest of their career.

Hi Marla,
Good plan for sequential learning. This method creates a solid knowledge/skill base upon which the students can build toward the competence levels needed for career success.
Gary

I like to follow every class day with a lab day that reinforces exactly what was taught the previous day through practical application. The repitition really allows the info to sink in.

Hi Eric,
I like to follow this model as well. It really helps to make the content real and relevant. The cognitive retention is much higher with this approach.
Gary

Sign In to comment