Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Lab instruction is key to making it all work together!

It is very important to let the student do the task while giveing them info on the task it seems to help them grasp it better that way.

It may be necessary to begin by re-aligning understandings of the subject matter to include not only the propositional content presented in course materials ("what students need to know"), but also the skills and practices students need to acquire in order to engage with the course content and take full advantage of learning opportunities in the course.

Anis,
Good point. The students really need to see both the content applications as well as the relevancy of what is being offered.
Gary

If they can relate in some way shape or form I believe it will be understood clearer. If it is something is way over their heads I try to relate the material to something they are familiar with and relate my concepts to what they already know.

Chris,
Good point. The students have to "connect the dots" in their mind somehow. They need to see value and application to what they are learning if they are to stay focused on the course.
Gary

Sign In to comment