Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Interesting Module

Interesting in theory, difficult to appeal to various learning styles in the class room but this is the challenge isn't?

Michael,
Students like change of pace and variety in their instructional delivery. By offering different activities and ways to acquire the course content an instructor will be appealing to the different learning preferences represented in the class.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

teaching adults in a nite setting has its own challenges due to stressors at work, home, family concerns, thus, I try to make it as interesting and fun as possible and I use life experiences to relate to whatever it is I am educating the students on. Easier to relate when they have examples to attach a situation to

Shelley,
I can relate to your efforts in teaching adults in the evening. I teach from 4 until 10 pm so I have to work hard at keeping them engaged. The points you list in terms of keeping them interested are critical. I strive to help them to shut out life challenges for the time they are in class and focus on the future they are creating for themselves.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I came into classes mid-quarter and currently am very focused on getting students caught up on content. This module is very timely for a couple of reasons - sitting back and reflecting on the variation in learning styles of my students and am getting ready to discuss communication and patient education. The concepts discussed here translate very well into that content and strategies to promote learning with patients.

Pamela,
Great to hear. I wish you continued teaching success as you finish this group of students. I know it will go much better when you get to take a group from beginning to end.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment