Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Help students discover their multiple intelligence

I think that guiding the students identify thier multiple intelligence and how to use them, will help maximize student learning.

I have students take a couple of Multiple Intelligence tests and write responses on if they agree with the results or not, and why. This gets them to think about how they learn and look at learning in a new perspective so that they can work with me to maximize their learning. I also use it for those students who are quiet and feel like they have little to contribute to understand where their strengths lie and focus on them to be a more confident contributor in class.

I like to have my students, when they are in an entry level class, take the quizzes that identify their learning strengths. It opens some eyes.

I totaly agree. I have students who didnt do very well in high school academically, but flourish when it comes to thier chosen field.
For instance I teach Cosmetology and you have to learn anatomy and chemistry and they do wonderfuly because its a subject of interest and or getting its a requirement towards the intended goal!

I usually give my students a quiz to help determine their learning style. Most everyone knows how they learn best, be able to label it is a good thing for my students.

Jeanette,
Good way to identify the learning preferences so you can customize your instructional delivery from there.
Gary

I found this portion to be very interesting. I have always wanted to test my students to find their different learning styles. Now that I see that there are some online sites that cater to that, I think that I will try it where practical and possible.

I found this portion to be very interesting. I have always wanted to test my students to find their different learning styles. Now that I see that there are some online sites that cater to that, I think that I will try it where practical and possible.

William,
I think you will appreciate the results you get from doing this type of assessment. You will see how your students balance among the different learning preference areas and then can customize your instruction to target those areas. I wish you continued success with all of your efforts.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Students often do not know how good and intelligent can become if it is proposed, our duty as instructors is to help you focus and take those skills they have.

Sign In to comment