Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Process

A hard process for some because we are all so different. My students have been out of school for a long time so getting that process going is sometimes tough. I start slow with one chapter and skills building to 2 a week. Seeing the light go on is such a fulfilling thing and knowing they get it. Learning to study sometimes needs some instruction and I try and do that and use examples. What ever it takes I will do my best to make it happen for my kids. Everyone deserves a chance at a life they can be proud of.
How do you teach the learning process?
P O'Dwyer

Pamela,
In answer to your question the key is to give students especially those that have been out of school for a while or those that never developed study skills some tools they can use to be successful in the class. I use guided notes for example to get my students to follow the lecture and write down the key points. I know at the end of the class they will have the needed concepts down because I have guided them through the notes and course outline to get them recorded. They need to acquire study skills as they progress through the course.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I've found that incorporating the "hands on" part really enhances the class room learning. When I combine the two, in the simulated lab, students comprehend what they learn and retain the practical application.

Karl,
This is a winning combination for students. The more senses they are called upon to use the more engaged they will be. You doing a good job with your approach and student support.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment