Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning process

I believe it is vital to understand learning styles and brain functions into the course. I had no idea that we were doing this when we were doing for all these years. Application is extremely important to the adult learning.

The learning process is a continuing process. We use this process all of our lives. We are constantly learning through our experiences. In our personal lives, in the workplace and in the classroom we are subjected to all kinds of situations, some more complicated than others. We experiment, made decisions. These encounters create an environment that we learn from.

Wilfred,
Good point about knowing the different ways individuals process information. As we expand our knowledge base we are able to plan how our instruction can be even more effective.
Gary

Theodore,
So true. We need to be life long learners in all aspects of our lives because we do encounter new experiences each day.
Gary

I agree with you, and I see a lot of students that haven't realized this yet. It is a part of their learning process to figure that out too.

Theodore,
I completely agree! Learning is life long process! Not only we learn through our experiences, but we also learn from our own mistakes as well as our students' mistakes. So, in a classroom setting, the students learn from my experience and I learn from them via helping them solve mistakes.

I agree completly about learning continously. In my field you can never possibly know everything, and there is a new learning experience every day. One must stay open minded about this

Interesting to realize how complex our brain is and the different tools it uses in the learning process.

I feel student learn very well with episodic memory and for that real life experiences or relating to them helps in retaining and thus learning.

Clifton,
I agree. The more life experience connections that can be build the greater the retention of content is going to be.
Gary

Dr. Gary Meers

Sign In to comment