Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Time Mangement

I know that we talk about time management with our students. This is imperative to the success of our students however time management with the instructors is just as important. I notice that it is very important to stay organize with the management of the courses that I teach. I can not be productive without this and this is what I teach my students

Sarah,

Wow, what a powerful post! You are so right about our own faults. As easy as it is to lay time management faults at our students feet, we know it is just as easy to ignore the fact we have an online course. We must practice what we preach and we all know the faculty who don't. (No names please) :)

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Time management is a fact of life whether you are a student, instructor ot an employess. It is imparative to stay organized no matter how you sliceit everyone needs to learn how to manage thier time.

m,

We as instructors harp on students all the time about time management when instructor don't practice time management. I hear often about assignments not graded and emails not answered. That is an instructor time management problem. Good post.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

One aspect of time management is how to work around things that come up in instructors' lives. It is fine to have a class or assignment schedule but realize that there may be times when time changes must be made and communicated to students.

Harry,

Your are right; you make a great point regarding time management. It is a major consideration for the instructor as well as the student. I find that continued strong communication helps with the time management. It is not fair to hold students responsible to due dates ans we as faculty not model that behavior.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment