Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Recording the Screen

I use screen capture often for recording demos. It's an easy way to demonstrate a process and share a desktop. I can even record it and upload it into YouTube to refer the students to.

Jim,

They work great and they are great tools to create and use over! It is one way to create learning resources once and use over!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Why go through the trouble of doing that when you could simply send them the link. Also - just an FYI, instead of recording it, there is also a method of downloading you tube videos.

Jim DeLapine

Dr. Karina,

Doesn't it really give you flexibility in providing learning opportunities to your students? I have my students to record also!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Jim,

I put it through my LMS so I can track who is watching it. I use my LMS to collect that data as part of my assessment.

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Hello All,
Yes , I also use "on screen" capture both in online LMS and F2F. Teaching digital arts time can be saved in the actual class period for added design theory, principles and concept development techniques, while the students can learn software apps. More effiently watching tutorials at their own pace, then implementing techniques learned in class projects. In addition, there is a tremendous amount of diversity with computer experience and learning pace, the recorded tutorial authored by the actual teacher of the course makes a great connection to the course project.
Thank you.
Kelly

Kelly,

Great post! I agree with you. When you also look at your workload as an instructor, using this type of software saves you time also. That is an important consideration!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Dr. Wilkinson,
This is a technique that I do not use but am in the process of learning more about it because I think it gives another resource for the students and would make it easier for me to use over and over again.
Amanda Pennington

Shirley,

That is the key. You want to use tools that enhance learning and ease workload. Recordings can done that!

Dr. Kelly Wilkinson

Sign In to comment