Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Why Use Storytelling in Learning? | Origin: ED146

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

How Storytelling Benefits Learning --> Why Use Storytelling in Learning?

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Using storytelling to connect learners with their own culture or background, will help them connect with their own learning. 

I love using storytelling and humor in my instruction daily. It is easy for me because it happens to be my default personality mode. In fact, I couldn't do it otherwise.

I am a professional storyteller for over 40 years, I have been teaching for the pass 19 years I learned to use storytelling to engage the students, motivate them, and to use the stories with their test taking. I love to bring the topic a live I find storytelling address all the learning style.

I love to use storytelling with my students.  Sharing with them the good and bad days of nursing helps them to relate.

I use storytelling to bring my real-world experience into the classroom. This also helps when explaining how the content we are learning about can be used and learned from.

I enjoy being able to set the precedence through storytelling, of why the information I am trying to teach is relevant to their field of study and the importance of knowing the information through real life experience. This leaves the students intrigued to want to know more. 

As a novelist in my free time, I understand the impact a well told story can have on the individual at question. A story can change the way we see the world and engage the world, and so it is important to integrate in the classroom. One method I use for story telling focuses on reminding students that the people in question who often made such great leaps in our trade, are people like themselves. They, like them, are human. By sharing their stories my students propel themselves in education.

We use storytelling in my classroom all the time.  It helps the students relate the material we're covering to everyday life events.

Sign In to comment