Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

shy students

Hi.

I am great with the students that ask a lot of questions and participate. Its the students that dont raise their hands and that are super nervous that I struggle with. What if they are too shy to communicate that they are bad test takers?

I had a student who literally got sick everytime I mentioned we were having a test....so I started using the word review and she never got sick! It might be worth a try for you.

Shelly, What an excellent idea! Your wisdom in removing the fear with just a simple  word change.  Here is another idea that might compliment your teaching technique.  Ask your students to read the chapter before your lecture.  Just read, do not study  or underline, just read.  Tell them your lecture will point out the important parts of the chapter.  This technique motivates them to read and attend the lecture.

@s101crider :Funny you say that this past group I worked with i had to specifically say Assessment of Knowledge!!!.. AoK!!!!

Great feedbaclk to the student Shelly not to mention the word test. The student is probably very thankful to you.

Sign In to comment