Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

ED117

Being from the Gen X and teaching Gen Y was definitely a learning experience. After I took the ED117, it definitely opened my eyes to many, many things. Not only explained a lot of observations, but also offered new and exciting ways to keep the students interacting and excited about the syllabus.

I enjoy working with Generation Y because they can mutli-task and are open to diversity. They enjoy being connected to different parts of the world and are open to other customs and ideas. This makes it eaay for class discussion and sharing of ideas.

It was interesting to learn about the different age groups and their approach to education . As a baby boomer, I find it both rewarding and challenging in teaching mostly Gen y students.  They truly are multi-taskers and more than embrace new technology.  They work well together and usually create a positive classroom setting. They appear to enjoy when I relate my professional experience to them and they often ask many follow up questions which leads to meaningful discussion. As i had stated earlier, I have found a comfort zone with their use of technology, but it will never take the place of personal relationships that need to be formed and nutured with them.

Sign In to comment