Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stress in workplace

Stress in the workplace can be harmful in everyday life as well.  I have learned to leave work stress at work and learned to try and relax for the ride home.  There is enough stress from home without making more stressful by bringing work home

How do you allow yourself to leave the stress at work though? This is something that is hard for me. Especially since I have to prep for classes always in a somewhat last minute approach. Any suggestions for just turning that off when I am home?

It helps me to be prepared for my classes ahead of time, copying done, spreadsheets and assignments created, etc.  I also try to be as organized as I can.  When all those things are in place, then I don't need to think about my classes as much and find it alot easier to leave work thoughts at .......work.  

Hey kids, hang in there ... with experience and all the "building blocks" that brings, the "stress" levels seem to wane.  Remember the old Chuck Swindoll saying:  "My attitude is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."  Choose to "react" calmly.  Peace...

I also do stress relief on my ride home and to work.  I do not have the radio on and just have quietness.  It has been very beneficial to promote humor in the work environment

I think that stress can be encountered with any situations dealing in every day life, and it is up to a person to make the best of their daily life through all these experiences.  Think of the saying: “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.”  There is truth in this, and if I let everything negative that goes on around me affect my daily life doings all the time, I will not be of productive use to myself nor the company I am working for, nor my family at home. 

To me stress is not something out there that is far-fetched or that I can not personally handle or avoid.  To have a less stressful life or none at all, I try to keep myself positive in what I encounter, and try to handle the situaton to the best of my knowledge.

So my advice is to stay positive and do what you do to the best of your ability.

Sign In to comment