Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

New teaching methods

Simulation models are the newest creation to give medical students hands on activities to help them learn.

I would encourage instructors to give their students this experience.

at our school we too use simulation models for labor and deliver it not only has improved student's understanding it also help them in their ATI test, and scores has gone up.

always good to keep material fresh not matter how dull or exciting it is.

I lke using simulation as a teaching method because it involves most of the multiple intelligence. It is useful for auditory, tactile, visual learners. Since active participation is required, students don't feel bored and left out. As instructors, we have to thoroughly prepare the scenario, the equipments, the debriefing techniques so as to maximize simulation activity and achieve the desired goal and objectives what students need to learn.

I agree, it is important to hold the students attention and to draw them into discussions or give them something to make them ask questions.

Simultion not only helps understand the concepts but it gives them this 3 dimensional thinking,to see things out of the box, if a simulation is not available ask the students to come up with ideas where they can make and present it to the class, here you have included in your teaching,the 5 senses,the visual learning and critical thinking,as well as a chance for a shy student to speak in front of a class without any intimidation.

This course is one of the best I ever experience is the moest complete for the vocational instructor I have participated on.

Is the best course ever, excellent for the vocational student and the Instructor.

Sign In to comment