Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

recruitment

when involved in recruitment efforts, school representative should focus on providing accurate information about the school and its programs.

Students have the right to obtain information pertaining to the school.Representative must answer
any questions regarding the school until and also should make sure to promise to insure prospective student the unawareness of a question and promise to find the appropriate answer and will get back to him/her.

Providing accurate information is the most important part of your job in admissions. You are usually the the first point of contact the prospect has with the school and giving false or misleading information is crtical in all phases of admissions from phone call to interview to enrollment & graduation which should lead to refferal business and retention. Although the goal is to enroll students, having ethics and being honest will help the prospect gain your trust which is why they are seeking your help. At the end of the day it is and should be about education.

I agree that admissions is the first point of contact so it is very important that this person not only be someone who is honest and trustworthy, but also caring and seeking to truly help the prospect with choosing the correct course of education and skill for each individual.

Admissions must be careful not only on what information is being given but also on how it is being interpreted. Make sure the prospect understands what is being said and not drawing the wrong conclusions.

I always like to sit down with the potential student to see hear and understand what their goals are..their passion....and their commitment level. The reason I do that is so that they understand what their expectations are.

Sometimes people get misinformed about certain things and by simply listening to a persons understanding, you will often uncover the need behind the desire. In my opinion, laying out a realistic step-by-step game plan is an effective recruitment style. The reason for this is because in my experience with interacting with students is that they simply wish to clearly see the possibilities and potential ways to get there. Its the simplest thing but it is so effective.

Lastly, mixing in accurate information and genuine rapport during the interview goes without saying.

Eduardo,

Having open communication is the best way to better understand a students educational needs. Sometimes a simple conversation is the best way to uncover this information.

Cindy Bryant

I agree. To be an educated consumer is the best. Giving the correct information is the best thing to do even when no one is watching. God knows all.

I believe that honesty is always the best policy and that giving honest, correct and current information to prospective students is best practice. This way your student knows what to expect

That is some good advice, thank you. :)

School representatives should focus on providing accurate information about the school because it would be out of compliance not to. Not only that,you would want the prospective student to make an accurately informed decision based on the correct information given to them.

Sign In to comment