Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Exploring the Prospect's Environment | Origin: AD108R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in an Ethical Enrollment Process --> Exploring the Prospect’s Environment

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This is great! So wonderful to learn about what options they are already using or not using to overcome their stumbling blocks. I tend to talk too much, and not listen enough about what they're already using instead of throwing out solutions first. 

The difference between focused listening and global listening made me understand how I should apply group listening to students. Focused listening can simply not be good enough to understanding a student because can lead to biases of wanting a conversation to head a certain way, perhaps to get to a point to end the conversation rapidly.

Listening can happen in several different forms. It is important to allow time for each kind of listening when speaking with anyone professionally.

Listening is important in any business. However, helping someone enroll in the school will change their life course and conversations must be taken seriously so that it is a good match and mutually beneficial. Learning about the listening strategies when one on one or in a group is pertinent to establishing a relationship and being able to properly place the student. Very helpful module.

Sign In to comment