Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Planning for Success | Origin: AD108R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Best Practices in an Ethical Enrollment Process --> Planning for Success

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Improving Resourcefulness | Origin: AD108R

Best Practices in an Ethical Enrollment Process --> Improving Resourcefulness

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Exploring the Prospect's Environment | Origin: AD108R

Best Practices in an Ethical Enrollment Process --> Exploring the Prospect’s Environment

Charting a New Course | Origin: AD108R

Best Practices in an Ethical Enrollment Process --> Charting a New Course

Raymond Donnelly

The most beneficial and obvious focus of this segment that I noticed was the emphasis placed on the "Why"; delving deeper, exploring (respectfully) to both motivate and understand the students position and perspective. 

Gabriel Hernandez

The student experience along with the best attentive customer service should always be priortory. 

Navigating the Shifting Tides of Admissions: Ethical Practices and Engaging Strategies

In this discussion, we embark on a journey through the dynamic landscape of admissions processes, exploring the skills, techniques, and ethical considerations that define the modern approach. Join us as we uncover the keys to fostering positive relationships, understanding the historical shifts in admissions practices, and adapting strategies to meet the ever-changing needs of prospective students.

Listening

Have you ever lost yourself by drifting off during a person's question? How do you recover from that?

ATTITUDE

Having a positive attitude is so important in the educational field! having a positive attitude can make things go so much smoother in your day, it relaxes the people and the atmosphere around you allowing people to open up to you to recieve and give vital information.

What is the first thing that comes to mind when a student mentions cost first?

I have noticed most of the time in admissions, especially, with adult learners or transfer learners, that price is the first thing that is looked at when looking into finishing or starting their degree. One approach that I have taken being an adult learner myself, is to ask open-ended questions to find out the "Why" - why are they looking, why now, etc. That gives you a chance to understand what motivates them and then have an open dialect to why our university may align with both their needs and wants - I can explain how it can get them… >>>

Retake

Listening Skills

Active listening use verbal and Non-verbal techniques to show and keep their attention on the speaker. 

Does anyone else feel more empowered after understanding how much influence we have over those that we meet with now?

I feel a sense of responsibility more now than prior to this brief training. I have always know these things but it is necessary to get a fresh insight or take on what it is that I actually do. 

Active Listening & Non-Verbal Cues

I have found most of the techniques presented to be very helpful. However the tricky one is Non-Verbal cues. I work with online students and are rarely face to face. I have been putting more focus on Voice Quality than Body Language or Facial Expressions. Do you use any other best practices for phone conversation?

Final question on quiz

How can one use body language over the phone? 

The Venture Capitalist video related to Building a Value Proposition

Does anyone else feel this 53 minute video could have been edited down to 5 or 10 minutes for our purpose of understanding the need to build a short and effective "Value porposition"?

CEE

Great sessions and reminders that it does not matter how long we have been in education sales. We must always sharpen our sckills to stay fresh. 

percentages

I don't understand the question.

Enrollments

Lets increase these enrollments and build more rapport

Value

How do you develop the value statement?