Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A lack of language capablilities shall be disclosed

Did you know that we must have foreign students sign a disclosure due to lack of language capabilities? Module stated that a second language learner might have difficulties passing state exams which will reduce opportunities for employment.

I believe that second language learners may have different requirements and opportunities for any state license. I am trying to explain that courses and modules may include different strategies design only for foreign students or second language learners. Do you believe that the state may provide some differences for the state exams, as for example more time to take the test or that will mean discrimination against the English language student?

Very interesting! Good to know. This explains why I have never seen school marketing pieces in languages other thatn English.

Yvonne,

There is a required statement in the catalog regarding to the restrictions of foreign language as supposed to English in the workplace.

Patty Aronoff

Maria Mercedes,

This is where disclosure statements provide you the information and security of signature with the student. Disclosure statements talk about these various restrictions and how it may impact their employment.

Patty Aronoff

Megan,
The commission has strict requirements regarding languages other than English in advertising and disclosures.

Patty Aronoff

Is Florida an English-only sate?

Eric,
The commission requires that all student documentation being in English if an alternate language is given the English copy must be given as well

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment