Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Communication in the classes

Communication in the courses are very important. You really want to set the tone and make sure that the students are aware that if you need help that the instructor is present in the course. This can happen with continuous feedback.

Sarah,

Yes, with good communication tools and experience comes a communication pattern and a tone that is set for the whole semester. Nice job.

At the beginning of the term during the introductions I always address each student by name. I also do this when there is a question, I want the student to feel that I am paying attention and have an interest in them.

Bernadette,

This is just the professional thing to do and it helps set the tone for the class. Good job.

I think it is so easy for us to get "busy" with something that needs to be done. And yet, we may be forgetting the role that constant communication plays in keeping learners committed and excited. Simple follow up on something may not seem important to us. However, the impact that it has on the receiving end with the learner can not be understated.

Sign In to comment