Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student evaluations amd surveys

Student evaluations and surveys are a great way for educators to measure the compentencies in the course as far as how they are mapped to the content (assignments/test). This will determine if the content is relatable to the course description and the current industry as well as clear enough for the students to understand.

Romanda

Romanda,

I like that you mentions mapping the competencies to the content. The assignments, projects, tests, etc. should, as you noted, align as well. That's how we help students move toward the learning objectives and achieve them. Thanks!

Student evaluations are a great way to get feedback, but they should be kept as short as possible. Students do not want to answer lengthy questionairres that take 10 or 15 minutes to complete.

Ed,

You bring up a good point. When we ask too many questions, students lose focus and may not complete the evaluation. Institutions should carefully plan key questions to get the data they are looking for. Data that will help improve the teaching and learning.

Romanda,

It is very important to have the feedback from the students as well as my peers. I like to know what I'm doing well and what I need to work on to make me a better Instructor.

Gloria and Romanda,

Thanks for continuing the conversation. Nice job. It's good we can share in these forums. Thank you.

I find that students give very short answers when providing feedback, very little seems to be complete enough to use to improve that course.... How can we improve student feedback?

Denise,

I connect student feedback to the rubric. I also give examples of good and poor feedback. This helps as well.

Sign In to comment