Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

We are absolutely from nothing in terms of providing a standard of WBL at our college.  The plans and assessments here will provide a strong starting point for us as we determine what we want to understand about the student WBL experience, how we're doing as a college, and how our employers are doing -- all of this leads back to retention & graduation as a huge factor of success too.  

 

I like how you broke down pieces of a Training Plan and showed how each one is critical to making the best fit for a placement.  I especially appreciated that students were seen as key members of a 'training team'.  Input and reflection they provide about themselves shines a different light 

I appreciated the multi-sensory summary of the role of formative assessments as part of monitoring/evaluation of student’s WBL training plan.

I liked pop-up box simply defining formative assessment (NJSS Canvas courses module activities) and summative assessment (final evaluation).

 

Comments:

I am not sure this is the case in NJ for students as long as the state and federal labor laws are complied with? I thought they can on weekends?

  • “Other part-time employment will not be pursued while enrolled in the WBL experience.”

I am not sure this is the case in NJ for public schools and private schools for special health care needs, if on-campus (maybe if off-campus yes)?

  • “The student’s parents or guardians must provide transportation to and from the worksite.” 

I use similar concepts when writing an Independent Study agreement between students and teachers: one form gathers why students are doing IS, what the students is bringing to the experience, what is being learned and how it will be assessed. Anyone involved has the right to request changes or address gaps in the plan. It helps prevent surprises, which we all hate.

The training plans allow all participants to understand and recognize expectations, outcomes, and should be collaborative.  Specific outcomes are the key to making this experience successful.

 

We have a training agreement in place, but I was hoping to get an example of a training plan?

I believe both the training agreement and training plan are very important for each student's placement.  It is important that everyone understands the expectations of these documents for a successful student placement. 

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities