Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

EWS: The Certification Process | Origin: ACCSC110

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Preparing for ACCSC's Essential Workforce Skills Programmatic Certification -->EWS: The Certification Process

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned the step in preparing for certification. Looking forward to improving the way we implement WFS and learning as a group how to move it forward and attain Certification

The most interesting thing I learned here is the idea of students assessing their own learning at the completion of a program.  As it stands right now, we ask everybody BUT the student how well the student is prepared in terms of "soft skills" when they graduate.  This seems like a pretty large error, even without EWS certification in the mix.  

Like I first learned in my early experience with ACCSC: "document, document, document!" Clear, concise evidence is everything. It'll not only help us document, but help our students articulate what they're learning. 

The scaffolded approach to these skills is wonderful. Going out into the workforce with a career versus a job truly can be overwhelming. By reminding students through intentional reflection, it will not seem so scary. 

I've learned that it takes a lot of time and dedication to create an EWS. The sacrifices we make now will pay off later for our students.

The only way to implement EWS is through a systematic, programmatic and disciplined approach. Not only follow the diverse steps but practice the steps. The performance of the EWS program will depend on constant inputs, monitoring and engagement. 

EWS Programmatic Certification ensures that students have the necessary skills to be successful in the workplace and in their future careers. The mapping of the skills to the curriculum ensures that students acquire the necessary knowledge and skills throughout their academic journey and are able to identify and express them to future employers.

Documentation that outcomes have been implemented must be objectively verifiable.

I have learned the importance of implementing a proactive ESW. I plan to meet with my team to evaluate our current model and discuss areas that can be improved. 

Documenting and verifying outcomes is very important when implementing an ESW. This programmatic Certification ensures that students have the necessary skills to be successful in the workplace.

EWS Programmatic Certification is a valuable tool to evaluate current operations, policies, and procedures. Implementing a certification like this will take some time to determine what can be used.

Sign In to comment