Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Evaluating Employees | Origin: ML130

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Evaluating Employees

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

The six steps for conducting a performance appraisal meeting was helpful to be consistent with the process of evaluating staff.  I liked the dialog they suggest to ease the nerves of both parties involved.

I will better prepare staff prior to the first meeting to inform them of the purpose and role of the evaluation and invite staff to become more interactive and confident of the entire process

Terminology/Words used when having conversations with employees/subordinates regarding performance that is not shaming or blaming is something I took away from this. I feel this is important to give everyone opportunity to do better. 

I learned that you have to stay on target while acknowledging the employee's feeling

Comment on Christy Foster Bollman's post: Same. I really like the 360 approach. 

Spending a little time between appraisal timelines set by the company will help employees succeed in their goals.

Enjoyed the lesson. Liked the 360 approach.

Sign In to comment