Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learning Styles

I think it is very important to know how your students learn. In my classes, at the beginning of term, we do individual assessments to make sure that the students are studying correctly and getting the most out of their hard work.

Hi Jessica, Thanks for your post to the forum. Yes, that information at the beginning of class is essential! Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career.

Susan Polick

Yes,I agree about individual assessment so that I can determine how to go about setting the direction and learning styles for that group of students.

I agree with you a good instructor should be able to regognize his or her student learning styles rather is through classroom discussion or through assemments.

I find it interesting that many students do not know what type of 'learner' they are. The students who are kinesthetic learners always seem to know, they speak up right away and say, 'I need to do the skill' or 'I am a hands-on person'. It sometimes takes a bit more investigating before identifying students with learning styles.

Sign In to comment