Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

understanding your personality

If you know your personality then you know your strengths and weaknesses. You can use this to better connect to your students need and how you can help them by changing your teaching style to meet there needs to learn

Knowing your personality allows you to focus on Strengths and work on your weaknesses.

Also, knowing your personality will assist in how you respond to the various personalities within your class.

I agree with David, if you know your strengths and weaknesses you can use this knowledge to connect with your students. I always find admitting when I make a mistake pretty easy. After the first few days of class, they are quite familiar with my personality. I use alot of my personal experiences in my instruction, but I have to watch myself to be sure it relates to the topic at hand and the discussion doesn't get out of control.

Learning your student's personalities is just as important as knowing and understanding your own because the student's personalities in each classes' make-up contribute to my strengths or weakenesses. What is a weakness in one class may be a strength in another.

Sign In to comment