Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Necessary Training

As a apoart of employee on-boarding and student orientation, everyone should be required to read the institution’s statement prohibiting the VAWA Crimes of Sexual Assault, Domestic Violence, Dating Violence and Stalking. 

On the surface, this all seems like it would be common sense.  And yet, far too often I can see where this type of thing could "slip under the radar" during a busy semester or year.  Good information to know.

I agree, but "reading" may not be enough. It is important that annual re-inorientations which typically include FERPA and Copyright issues, should also include references to VAWA. For larger institutions, it would be nice to bring in guest speakers, such as writers or vloggers who can personalize the VAWA. Sometimes, words in the form of fonts and policies are not enough to move people. Personalization may bring more responses.

I agree with both of you, just reading is not enough we need to also use common sence and have personal interactions with students. Bringing guest speakers is a great idea.

I appriciate this knowledge provided by Maxknowledge.

Sign In to comment