Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enhance teaching style

How would you describe your teaching style?

My teaching style really varies based on the type of class I am teaching.  If it is a survey or lecture based class without any hands on labs, I tend still stop every few minutes and try to show relevancy of what we are covering to the career choices my students are pursing.   If the class has labs or practice modules, I try to explain to the students how these labs relate to real word situations that they are likely to experience in their careers.

My teaching style is...I don't know if there is a name for it. I provide the students with the content; give examples to show revelance and then if the thought of an experience I've had that relates I'll add that to it too. I speak to the level of the class. In teaching nursing students; though they come in all ages; most are young adults and so I relate to them like you sons their age. I give them more than just nursing; I also add in life experiences that the content can relate to as well. For example; "the 5-years from now you-- sitting in the DA's office..." when discussing nursing documentation.

Sign In to comment