Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Becoming too friendly

There is a fine line between being a mentor/instructor and becoming too friendly with students.  What students percieve is always different than our intentions

I agree Being Instructor  and having a good rapport with student helps in good learning but being friendly looses that respect as Instructor and students will not take things seriously.So I am open to my sudents, bring in discussions, humour during my class but don't enter in their personal zone , like going fo lunch together.So far I tell my students that I am their teacher sometimes a mother if needed .

I agree that there is a fine line with being to friendly to students, however, I have always come across students who are going through some situations I had to overcome and I became more of a mentor than a friendly friend.

I agree, being an instructor and having good rapport with the students is important but there should be a fine line that should never be crossed. Having a good rapport  is one thing but being their friend is another. Be friendly not friends.

Absolutely, we are not suppose to be their buddy.  They have thier classmates as their buddy.  We can be caring and compassionate therefore, friendly.

Sign In to comment