Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

what was the most important fact you learned from this course?

understanding studients learning needs.

I love working with the adult learners,They are motivated to learn.

This type of thinking is very dependant upon the age of the student.

We all have different ways of learning and there is a mixture of many different types within one person.

So much useful information so far on how people learn and retain information differently.

not to be judgemental and to understand students have different learning needs

I'm a clinical instructor, so I always ask the student, "How do you think you did today? What did you learn? How can you improve your skills?" I ask open ended questions.  I help them expore different possibilities.

You need to accept the fact that with each new class you will need to learn not only what type of learners they are but also how to expand and strengthen the areas they are week in. if they are to grow you will also need to grow some also to be able to guide and help them.

So far it has been more of a deeper apprecation for my older students and some strategies I can use to keep them motivated and engaged.

I myself like guided note taking so I was encouraged to create simple clear guides for the students that can be their study guides.

We all have a way in which we best learn.  Odds are, every student in your class has a different preferred learning style, which can make it difficult for you to be the most effective teacher.  However, by trying to incorporate various methods into your teaching, you may be able to reach the majority of your students.  At the college level, it is expected that students have an idea of how to adapt to most teachers, although it cannot hurt to help them out a little!

Sign In to comment