Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Tech Fear

For those of us who are not as tech inclined as many of our students, how did you get past the intimidation to advance in your teaching methods?

I always do a practice run with any new technology. Sometimes with students from a different class during their break time just to see if it works before "going live". I often ask them to help me if I don't understand the technology. 

That's a great idea Anne because I am not internet suave myself and that is encouraging to asked other students to assist you before going live, it gives them confidence in their capabilities while downloading to me the information I need to do my job successful online. In essence we both win!

I think just set realistic goals and learn a little more tech each week. Also, be confident in the fact that you might still be developing your techy skills - it should not pull from your role as trained instructor. So get comfortable and let that exude as you let students know you might still be learning.  They will likely respect the honesty (and they will notice it anyhow, so just get comfy). 

Reply to Anne Clancy's post:

Great idea Anne. Thx for the tip to run thru the tech 

Sign In to comment