Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Power Point

I have moved from rarely using Power Point in my lectures to having it in almost all my lectures.  I try very hard to make sure they are useful in the education of the students.  The problem is that some students think that all they need to study are the Power Points from the lecture and they will do well in the class.  This is not true and I DO tell them during different parts of the semester that they should not be focusing only on the Power Points when they are studying for the exams.

Roger

Good point.  If students are returning to higher education, they may have experience with continuing educaiton where power point handouts are the norm.  They are probably used to taking notes on them.  If one does the same in class, I can see where they would want to concentrate on the power points.  I agree with you - tell them they must not rely soley on the power point when studying the course content.

Lisa J

I like to use PowerPoint because it gives you a visual that can be explained while pointing at the object of conversation to 

get away from all of the paper.  However, if I think there is something they will need to refer to regularly, I can copy it

from the PowerPoint presentation.

Sign In to comment